CHECKLIST FOR A TRIP TO THE REPUBLIC OF CONGO
- A valid visa for the Republic of Congo
- No visa will be issued at any border controls.
- A valid passport to enter the Republic of Congo. The visitor's passport should be valid at least for six months.
- For Congolese citizens who do not have a biometric passport, the Embassy highly recommends that they apply for one during their stay in the Republic of Congo
- An international vaccination booklet with a certified and valid yellow fever vaccine
- Anti-malaria treatment/drugs
- A cholera vaccine is recommended but not required
- A copy of the visitor's hotel reservation or notarized invitation letter
- Business invitation letters is required for those traveling to the Republic of Congo for business purposes
- Local currency ( CFA Franc) which is coded as XAF. It is the same currency used in Cameroon, the Republic of Congo, Gabon, Chad, Equatorial Guinea and the Central African Republic. Euros are also widely accepted in major cities such as Brazzaville and Pointe Noire but not in rural areas.
- Light clothing during dry seasons
- Electrical voltage for the Republic of Congo is 220 Volts which is the same voltage used in France.
- Souvenirs or keepsafe gifts may be bought at the School of Arts/Painting in Poto-Poto, Museum of the Congo Basin and at the Marché du Plateau (Market of the Plateau) close to the the Palais du People (People’s Place) located in the center of Brazzaville.
- During rainy seasons, we recommend that visitors bring rain coats, umbrellas and rain boots.
- There is a 6 hour difference between the United States of America, Canada and Mexico ( East Standard Time) and the Republic of Congo during Fall and Winter ( November- March) and there is a 5 hour difference between the United States of America, Canada and Mexico and the Republic of Congo during Spring and Summer ( April-October).
SEASONS IN THE REPUBLIC OF CONGO
The Republic of Congo is gifted with a very pleasant climate. The weather is beautiful throughout the whole year due to Congo’s close location to the Equator. Temperatures rarely drop below 20 degree Celsius. The seasons in the Republic of Congo are divided as follows:
- From January to February - Short dry Season
- From March to May - Short rainy season
- From June to September - Long dry season
- From October to December - Long rainy season